Our history

1930


In 1879 the Lezama family settled at the corner of Lavalle and Callao, in Buenos Aires. The population of the city already exceeded 300 thousand inhabitants and within the next 15 years the number would double. Soon, in 1920, progress would bring the Singer’s sewing machine factory to this flourishing corner which later, in 1930, saw an Asturian immigrant transform it into a Café.  Buenos Aires, the port and portal for thousands, stood tall at these corners at the crossroads of the aristocratic neighborhoods and the "barrios", where the Creoles and the newcomers blended in.

ESP/ENG      INFO      TIENDA      INSTAGRAM